Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally some GOOD news


Ok, so this summer things have gotten crazy. During May I would have class for 4 hours during the day, and then I would have a few hours of fun, then off to work for 5 + hours at night. Then May became June and I no longer had class or Tesha. So it was that whole wake up way late and then go to work at night for 5 + hours. Miserable existence I know. Until a little birdie, aka Jessica Epperson and Bekah Pence, gave me a sweet opportunity! Bekah told me to talk to Jessica about subbing for the local high schools, so today I went to Rockbridge County High School and turned in a resume and references. And guess what?! They said that I'm now on their list of Substitute Teachers!!! Yay!! She also told me to try to get in with the Buena Vista school district, so I went by there afterwards and picked up an application! So hopefully soon I will be getting calls left and right to sub for Secondary school kids, makin (hopefully) $25/hr! That would be pretty sweet, no?! Holla!

3 comments:

  1. holla! rchs is the bomb, i went to high school there! and i hear substitute teaching is pretty chill for the money you make so YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats sam! one of us had to get out there and get a job... you help promote economic recovery, i on the other hand will advocate living off of mom and dad for as long as humanly possible.

    ReplyDelete